Join a supportive community of artists, educators and enthusiasts. CPW Members seek new ways of connecting, whether through participating in our programs, visiting our exhibitions, or interacting with CPW’s staff. Join a dynamic network of artists and leaders in the field. Express your love for contemporary photography and be part of Woodstock’s legacy of important artistic contributions. Memberships are 100% tax-deductible unless otherwise specified.
Members are the first to hear of artist opportunities and receive special discounts on workshops, workspace usage, printing services, and more.
Basic members receive the following benefits:
- Member rates for lab use of the Digital Kitchen or black-and-white darkroom
- Special rates for digital services, including film scanning, printing, one-on-one consulting, and more
- Discounted rates for workshops
- One-year membership card that grants free admission or discounts at many photography centers nationwide via the Connections network
The new Advanced Membership offers additional guidance in professional practices for artists.
Advanced members receive:
- All benefits of Basic Membership
- A choice between a 20-minute virtual professional development consultation
or a $50 discount on the basic review package at the Woodstock Portfolio Reviews (scheduled for May 2017)
- All benefits of Basic Membership (see above) for two people, including two membership cards
Encaustic images by Jill Skupin Burkholder (three options)
With the art lover in mind, the Patron level directly supports regional artists and photographers. Patron support is an affordable way to acquire art and to share in CPW’s enthusiasm for artists. Art objects and prints offered at the Patron level are very limited in number: once they are gone, new works will be introduced. Membership benefits at Patron level include:
- All Basic member benefit
- A limited edition, original piece of art (see selection in various Patron levels)
- Special invitations to VIP events, such as tours to the AIPAD show
- Copy of the commemorative auction catalogue
- Patron memberships are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law
Patron Levels and art selection:
- Bronze Patron: $250: handmade necklace by Dede Hatch featuring flower motif from the artist’s own garden in Ithaca, NY
or original tintype of a still life by Kingston-based artist Tom Delooza
- Silver Patron: $500: framed archival inkjet print by CPW Artist-in-Residence Kevin Miyazaki from his series Yonsei
or one-of-a-kind, hand-manipulated platinum palladium print by Carla Shapiro featuring trees in the Mid-Hudson area
- Gold Patron: $750: photographic encaustic by Jill Skupin Burkholder featuring her gentle observations of nature
To see the individual art options and availability, click on any Patron “buy now” button below. Or see them all at a glance in our preview.
You love art. You love to make a difference. And you can. Benefactor members are businesses and individual leaders who provide significant support for CPW. Benefactors’ interests go beyond benefits to investing in the future of CPW and its stake as a premier, internationally recognized center for photography. Benefactors enjoy private tours and receptions at CPW exhibitions and other special events. Benefactors also receive tailored recognition online, in the gallery, or in publications to suit your marketing or tribute needs. *Event Benefactor: $1,500. Season Benefactor: $2,500.