CPW’s Video/Media Intern will work with CPW staff to produce video pieces that document artistic practice, curatorial endeavors, and learning opportunities, which will be utilized to expand awareness of CPW’s programs and offerings.
This internship is ideal for project-minded independently driven individuals seeking to explore dynamic uses of video and social media to advance the voices of artists and ideas in contemporary photography and related media.
The Video/Media Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Assist in the production of video profiles of CPW’s artists-in-residence
- Conduct interviews with guest curators, exhibition artists, visiting instructors, and others
- Produce video documentation of public lectures and panel discussions for distribution via the web
- Work with staff to conceive, create, and distribute promotional video pieces for CPW events including exhibitions, lectures, and more
- Assist Media 276 in the production of the annual Vision Award Tribute Film including participating as a production assistant on-location in and around New York City
For samples of recent videos produced by CPW, click here.
Video/Media interns are expected to work with CPW staff three days per week for a period of four months, or on a semester schedule, in accordance with intern’s availability. Within that structure CPW and the intern will craft a flexible schedule allowing for coverage of key events.