Digital Lab Internships
CPW’s Digital Lab Internship offers the opportunity to learn about and help facilitate day-to-day management of a state-of-the-art digital imaging facility. Working with CPW’s Digital Lab Manager, interns will learn best digital workflow practices for image editing, color-management, scanning, and archival fine art printing.
This internship is perfect for individuals working in photography who are seriously engaged in the digital workspace and passionate about working one-on-one with artists of all skill levels to produce high quality digital images and prints.
Digital Lab Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Support Digital Kitchen clients including but not limited to A-I-Rs, community members, and students who come in to use the facilities
- Oversee in-house printing and basic graphic design needs
- Gain a deeper understanding of the digital printing workflow on a Mac based system including monitor calibration, paper profiling, and integration of current Adobe software in this system
- Reach a high level of Photoshop proficiency through the opportunity to work with CPW’s Lab Manager and pass that knowledge onto members and students
- Assist CPW’s Digital Lab Manager and related staff in marketing and promoting the Digital Kitchen, including but not limited to hosting open-house clinics and social media marketing
Digital Lab Interns are expected to work with CPW three days per week for a period of four months, or on a semester schedule, in accordance with their availability. Attendance of special events may be required. General hours are 11am-6pm.