The Center for Photography at Woodstock is pleased to make available a professionally equipped and maintained black-&-white darkroom for use by photographers with all levels of darkroom experience.
Monday — Friday, 10:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday & Sunday, 12 to 5pm
- three Omega Pro-Lab enlargers for printing 35mm to 4×5”
- tanks & reels for development of 35mm & 120mm film
- a variety of negative carriers from 35mm to 4×5”
- easels, printing trays, and drying racks for paper up to 20×24” and for prints up to 16×20″
- Kodak and Sprint chemistry for film and paper processing
- light table and dry mount press
- contact printers
- tongs, scissors, thermometers, and other related darkroom tools
$8/hour members or $12/hour non-members.
Special rates are available for Darkroom users who wish to purchase blocks of rental time. Contact us for rates and details.
Rental fee includes standard Kodak chemistry for black-and-white printing and film processing. Individual darkroom renters are responsible for any damage that occurs during use.
What to bring
Film or negatives, paper, negative sleeves, canned air, towels and any special chemicals and toners you may use.
Make an Appointment
Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance. CPW Staff is available to answer any questions you may have.
CPW is about to renovate its darkroom, with a scheduled completion of December 2017. This project is made possible in part through support from the County of Ulster’s Ulster County Cultural Services & Promotion Fund administered by ARTS MID-HUDSON. We thank the county and Arts Mid-Hudson for their generous support.