How to apply
The deadline for 2016 Woodstock A-I-R applications is Friday, February 29, 2016. Please review the guidelines below!
• One copy of the application form, available here for download: AIR_Online_2016_application.
• 10-15 digital images/video on a flash drive or a DVD/CD of current work. (one copy)
Format still images as JPEGs with a width dimension no greater than 2,400 pixels. Please limit video clips or excerpts to no more than 5 minutes (please indicate length of full video), and submit no more than 3 in total. Acceptable file formats include .mpg, .avi, .mov. Please make sure your three videos combined do not exceed 200MB and test your video files to make sure they play on a Mac and PC.
Individuals applying to the Critical Studies Residency should submit 2 writing samples of no more than 1,500 words per sample with visuals, including featured artist work samples and installation views if applicable. (four copies of each)
• Residency proposal (four copies of each) – see application form for guidelines to answering this question.
• Preference for time of residency (please list 3 options) *The program runs from June through September, please request your time accordingly. Residencies range from 3-6 weeks.
• Four copies of the following:
Artist statement (describing your current projects and artistic process) – limited to 500 words.
Resume (listing past exhibitions, residency, and related experiences) – limited to 3 pages.
Images script (thumbnails of your work with caption information) – please use the form we include with the application.
WOODSTOCK A-I-R participants are selected by a peer panel comprised of professionals in the field and have included past participants in CPW’s residency and exhibition program, curators, collectors, and art critics.