How to apply for a residency at CPW
The deadline for 2017 Woodstock AIR applications was JANUARY 22, 2017.
Please note: Applications for CPW WOODSTOCK AIR 2017 are now closed. RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL. All applicants will receive notification by email at that time.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
WOODSTOCK AIR is open to artists and critics/scholars/curators of color working in photography and related media who currently reside in the United States. Former WOODSTOCK AIR participants and individuals who will be students in the fall of 2017 may not apply. Residents have no obligations or duties during their residency. Their time is their own, and may be used in whatever way is most advantageous to their goals. Residents are required to contribute a finished work, as selected by the artist and CPW director to CPW’s Permanent Print Collection.
To apply, please go to callforentry.org, and create a free user account.
Then, click here for the application.
You will be asked to submit the following:
- Artist Residency applicants will be asked to submit submit 15-20 digital images and/or up to 3 videos of current work. For image formatting guidelines, click here.
- Critical Studies Residency applicants will be asked to submit 2 writing samples of no more than 1,500 words per sample, with visuals, including featured artist work samples and installation views if applicable. Both writing samples must be combined into a single PDF.
- Residency proposal – see call listing on callforentry.org for guidelines
- Bio [250-300 words]
- Artist statement, describing your current projects and artistic process [500 words].
- Resume/CV (listing past exhibitions, residency, and related experiences)
- Contact info for two professional references
- $10 online processing fee
WOODSTOCK AIR participants are selected by a peer panel comprised of professionals in the field and have included past participants in CPW’s residency and exhibition program, curators, collectors, and art critics.