DIGITAL LAB MANAGER
Center for Photography at Woodstock seeks a motivated, energetic individual
for the partl-time position of Digital Lab Manager to oversee CPW's Digital Kitchen.
in 1977, the Center for Photography at Woodstock is a not-for-profit,
artist-centered organization, dedicated to the supporting artists working in
photography and related media and their audiences through offerings in which
creation, discovery, & learning are made possible.
CPW serves as a bridge, connecting artists to artists, educators to
students, readers to writers, curators to artists, & audiences to all.
The DIGITAL LAB MANAGER oversees the functionality of CPW’s digital workspace which features 8 stations, dedicated desktop printers, scanners, and large format printers.
The Digital Lab Manager mentors members and workshop participants in archival fine art printing, digital imaging, and workflow, and oversees communal lab hours. The Digital Lab Manager provides technical support to CPW’s workshops, artist workspace residencies, and other related programs. S/he works in tandem with the Education Coordinator on CPW’s educational program offerings. The Digital Lab Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Oversee the Digital Kitchen, including but not limited to the maintenance of hardware, software, supplies, and the facility.
- Serves as primary instructor for Digital Kitchen offerings, assisting in the formation of workshop curriculum.
- Tracks and invoices members and others for Digital Kitchen use, one-on-one tutoring, and printing
- Facilitate relevant intern instruction (both Workshop and Arts Administration)
- Maintain Digital Kitchen business and maintenance records, and archives.
- Produce in-house promotional materials as needed.
- Assist in planning and needs assessment for A-I-Rs and provide technical support during residencies.
- Assists with Fundraising events and other related special events as needed.
- Attend openings and other events as representative for Digital Kitchen and CPW.
- Seek out opportunities to promote Digital Kitchen to new audiences and represents CPW and Digital Kitchen at industry events at discretion of Executive Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a propensity to be proactive are musts
- Strong experience in Adobe Photoshop CS5.1, Lightroom 4, and current Creative Suite including, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Film Scanning
- Knowledge about all aspects around digital fine art printing.
- Familiarity with Canon Printing System a plus
- Familiarity with Final Cut a plus
- Color-management Software
- Familiarity with plug-ins including NIK Software.
- Strong knowledge with general aspects to photography, its various genres, and cameras – including but not limited to DSLRs, and point-&-shoots.
- Teaching experience in classroom or workshop setting desired.
- A desire to make things even stronger and better than they are.
The Digital Lab Manager will work primarily in CPW’s Digital Lab which is located on CPW’s first floor at 59 Tinker Street in Woodstock, NY.
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time hourly paid position at $20 per hour. The position is budgeted at 21 hours / 3 days per week. The position is eligible for health benefits.
cover letter (including specific examples why you would be a good fit for
this position) and resume within the body of your e-mail or as PDF
attachment to: email@example.com.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
may be submitted through June 8, 2012 or until the position is filled
CPW is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to achieving an inclusive, diverse workplace that values each individual. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, CPW does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by law.