Now accepting submissions for WOODSTOCK A-I-R!
DEADLINE: Thursday, February 28, 2013 (postmarked)
to download a .pdf file of the 2013 WOODSTOCK A-I-R brochure & application
are our submission guidelines
10-15 digital images/video on a DVD/CD-ROM of current work. (one copy)
Format still images as 300 dpi JPEGs with the longest dimension at 2400 pixels. Please limit video clips or excerpts to no more than 5 minutes (please indicate length of full video) and submit no more than 3 in total. Acceptable file formats include .mpg, .avi, .mov. Please make sure your three videos combined do not exceed 200MB and test your video files to make sure they play on a Mac and PC.
Individuals applying to the critical writing residency should submit 2 writing samples of no more than 1,500 words per sample with visuals, including featured artist work samples and installation views if applicable. (four copies of each)
- Residency proposal (four copies of each) - see application form for guidelines.
for time of residency (please list 3 options) *The program runs from June through
September, please request your time accordingly
copies of the following:
artist statement (describing your current projects and artistic process) - limited to 500 words.
(listing past exhibition, residency, and related experiences) - limited to 3 pages.
- images script (thumnails of your work with caption information) - see page 3 of the application form.
A-I-R participants are selected by a peer panel comprised of
professionals in the field and have included past participants in CPW's residency and exhibition
program, curators, collectors, and art critics.
QUESTIONS? contact us! (845-679-9957) or by email.
• Omega Pro-Lab 4x5 enlargers
• tanks & reels for development of 35mm & 120mm film
• easels and printing trays for paper up to 20x24” and prints up to 16x20”
• basic chemistry for film and paper processing
• assorted toners and darkroom tools
• light table
• contact printers
Digital Imaging Lab
• 27” 3.2 GHZ Intel Core i3 Processor iMacs with 4 GB Level 3 Cache w/DVD/CD-RW for image editing
• GTI Desktop Color Viewers
• Wacom intuos3 6x8” tablets
• Adobe Creative Suite 6(Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional, etc.)
• Adobe Lightroom 2
• Epson v700 Photo Scanner Dual flatbed (8x10” max) and film (up to 8x10”)
• Silverfast LE Scanning Software
• X-Rite Color management software
• Canon Pro9000 Mark II printer (13” wide max)
• Canon Image PROGRAF ipf6350 (24” max width, 44” max length)
• Canon Image PROGRAF ipf6100 (24” max width, 44” max length)
Additionally CPW has a selection of photographic equipment for use:
• Sinar 8x10 film camera w/ Schneider 240mm/f5.6 lens
• Sinar 4x5 film camera w/ Schneider 150mm/f4.5 lens
• Burke & James 4x5 film camera w/ Schneider 210mm/f5.6 lens
• Canon EOS 7D 18 megapixel Digital SLR camera w/ assorted lenses
• Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1 megapixel Digital SLR camera w/ assorted lenses
• Canon EOS 5D 12.8 megapixel Digital SLR camera w/ assorted lenses
• assorted tripods
• copy stand
• Dyna-Lite lighting kit
• two Lowel DP lights (1,000watt)
• reference library of over 1,400 photo-related monographs and publications